Nabanna Scholarship is a programme initiated towards the state’s vision of generalization, democratization, and education development. It is a welfare measure initiated by the Government of West Bengal to promote Higher Education for deserving students from the state. It is also a kind of aid that will motivate and strengthen the education system in West Bengal. This scholarship is offered yearly and only for candidates from West Bengal.
Nabanna Scholarship 2022 – Chief Minister’s Relief Fund Scholarship
Nabanna Scholarship Programme provides financial assistance to deserving students of West Bengal who have passed the 10th or 12th standard or any university degree recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC), Government of India.
The students are awarded this scholarship based on their results in higher secondary and high school exams and their performance throughout their schooling years. The Nabanna Scholarship provides INR 10,000 per year for the entire course duration.
The main objective of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance to talented students in rural areas who wish to study in the state’s higher education institutions. It is a scholarship for deserving students of higher education under the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund.
Nabanna Scholarship 2022 – Details
|Scholarship Name:||Nabanna Scholarship 2022 (West Bengal Chief Minister's Relief Fund Scholarship)|
|Beneficiaries :||10th /12th /Undergraduate /Post-Graduate Students|
|Benefits :||INR 10,000 per year for respective schooling|
|Office Address:||The Assistant Secretary, Chief Minister's Office,
'Nabanna' 325, Sarat Chatterjee Road, Howrah -711102
|Helpline Number :||033-22141902, 22535278|
|Email :||[email protected]|
|Official Website :||wbcmo.gov.in|
Nabanna Scholarship 2022- Eligibility Criteria
The Nabanna Scholarship is a prestigious State Govt. Scholarship offered annually to students of West Bengal. Students who wish to apply for it must fulfill the following criteria:
- The student should be a resident of West Bengal.
- The applicant should be a student studying in class X or XII in any recognized school, college, or similar institutions, university in West Bengal.
- Students must have scored 50% and above but less than 60% marks in Class 10th for 12th.
- Students must have scored 50% and above but less than 60% marks in Class 12th for graduation.
- Students must have scored 50% and above but less than 55% marks in Class graduation for post-graduation.
- The applicant should not have received any other scholarship from the Nabanna or State organization.
- The minimum annual family income of the applicant’s family should not exceed Rs 1.2 lakhs.
Nabanna Scholarship 2022 – Required Documents
The Nabanna Scholarship scheme is a boon for students who are on the verge of achieving their dreams. If you have been chosen for this scholarship, it is now the time to apply for the Nabanna scholarship.
The documents needed for applying include:
- Copy of the allotment letter for the Nabanna scholarship.
- Date of birth certificate or 10th / 12th Certificate of marks obtained.
- Copy of the marksheets of the concerned semester and all previous exams.
- Letter from the college to confirm the admission
- Copy of the tuition fee receipt.
- An income certificate of the parents or guardians.
- Bank details (IFSC Code, Branch Code, Branch Name, Account Number, Bank Name with photocopy of Bank Pass Book) for auto reimbursement.
- Mobile number and contact details of the parents.
- Self-declaration copy of the student under his/her signature regarding present course of study.
Nabanna Scholarship 2022 – Application & Form
Interested candidates must submit an application form in the prescribed format to the District Magistrate of Police. The applicants must be a Bonafide residents of the State of West Bengal.
The candidates must possess valid and original residential proof and any following: Aadhar card, admission copy, caste/tribe, domicile, and income certificate issued by the Competent authority and an affidavit duly attested by the gazetted officer.
Nabanna Scholarship 2022 – Application Process
Nabanna’s application process is entirely offline, and no online application is available. Students wishing to apply can follow the below steps –
- Prepare all required documents that are listed above for the scholarship.
- Fill out an offline application form (written on a blank paper) completely and accurately and attach it with all required documents.
- Send the self-signed application form and self-attested documents to the below address:
The Assistant Secretary,
Chief Minister’s Office,
325, Sarat Chatterjee Road
Howrah – 711 102
Nabanna Scholarship 2022 – Selection Process
The Nabanna Scholarship is a prestigious scholarship instituted by the government of West Bengal. This is a merit-based scholarship awarded to the most deserving students by the government of West Bengal.
The scholarship is awarded in 3 phases. First, the district-level Nabbana Scholarship selection committee shortlists the candidates and then forwards the same to the Nabanna Scholarship Committee for final selection and approval.
The students are selected based on their academic performance, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, social and economic conditions, and financial needs.
The selected students are awarded the scholarship for their college education for their schooling years.
Nabanna Scholarship 2022 – Funds Disbursement
Nabanna Scholarship fund will be disbursement to selected students, and they will receive the scholarship in their accounts at specified banks. The amount will be transferred to the verified bank accounts of the students by Nabanna Scholarship Authorities.
1. What is the Nabanna Scholarship Last Date?
There is no last date for Nabanna Scholarship announced yet.
2. What is a Nabanna Scholarship Amount?
The Nabanna Scholarship amount awarded is INR 10,000 per year and is renewable for a maximum of four years.
3. How to Check Nabanna Scholarship Status?
If you want to check the status of your scholarship application, you can do it anytime. Visit the following link (http://wbcmo.gov.in/) and enter your username and password. Then click on “Edit-Lock-Print Application.” Then click on the “Track Status” option. This will give you the current / latest status of your application.
4. Can I Online Form Nabanna Scholarship?
No, you can not apply for Nabanna Scholarship Online. You can apply for the Nabanna scholarship by filling out the ONLINE APPLICATION FORM. You need to download and take the printout of the application form by visiting the official website, which is www.wbcmo.gov.in.