Oasis Scholarship is a scheme that the government of West Bengal has launched to provide financial assistance to SC, ST and OBC students. The main aim of this scholarship is to help these students pursue their further education. This scholarship program is only available to the residents of West Bengal.
If you are a resident of West Bengal and belong to any of these categories, then you can apply for Oasis Scholarship at oasis.gov.in. Read on to know more about oasis scholarship status check, eligibility, application and renewal process and last date of the application.
Oasis Scholarship (2022-2023)
The Oasis Scholarship is a state-sponsored scholarship provided by the West Bengal Backward Classes Welfare and tribal Development Departments. It is renewable each year and open to students belonging to SC, ST and OBC students studying in pre-matric and post-matric courses in the state of West Bengal.
The scholarship covers tuition fees, maintenance allowance, books & stationery allowance and other educational expenses. Oasis Scholarship is available for undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma and professional courses in medicine, engineering, nursing, education, pharmacy, veterinary science and law.
Latest OSIS Scholarship Status:
The online application for the OSIS scholarship is now open for the 2022-23 session, starting from May 10, 2022, and ending on January 15, 2023.
For Pre-Matric or Post-Matric Scholarship, SC students need to apply on National Scholarship Portal (https://scholarships.gov.in). After getting a unique ID from the NSP portal, students need to apply on the OSIS portal to complete scholarship registration.
New guidelines for SC and ST students have been implemented for those applying for OSIS Scholarship. Please see the complete details below.
|Name of the Scholarship:||WB OASIS Scholarship|
|Scholarship Provider:||West Bengal Backward Classes Welfare and tribal Development Departments|
|Scholarship Type:||Pre-matric and post-matric|
|Applicable To:||Students Belonging to the Backward Categories|
|Last Date:||January 15, 2023|
|Oasis Scholarship Portal:||www.oasis.gov.in|
Oasis Scholarships Types
The government of West Bengal and Backward Classes Welfare provides 4 types of Oasis Scholarships:
- Pre-matric Scholarship for SC/ST Students
- Post-matric Scholarship for OBC/SC/ST Students
Oasis Scholarship: Eligibility Criteria
- The student must be from West Bengal State.
- The student should have at least 60% attendance in the previous final examination.
- The student should have a minimum of 50% marks in the previous final examination.
- Only 2 students from the same family can avail this scholarship.
Here are the detailed criteria for each scholarship:
Pre-matric Scholarship for SC/ST Students
- The applicant should have the State of Origin Certification of SC/ST.
- Only applicable to students in Class 9th and 10th.
- The annual family income of the applicant should not be over ₹200,000/-.
Post-matric Scholarship for OBC/SC/ST Students
- The applicant should be an SC/ST/OBC student.
- The applicant should have passed the previous qualifying examination ((class 11th or 12th) from a recognized board or university.
- Students from Post-graduation, M. Phil and PhD students are also eligible.
- The applicant’s family income should not exceed ₹2,00,000 per annum for SC/ST students and INR 1,00,000 for OBC students.
Oasis Scholarship Amount
Below mentioned is the Oasis Scholarship amount which will be given to the selected candidates:
Pre-matric Scholarship for SC/ST students:
Day scholars will receive:
- ₹150 per month for 10 months
- ₹750 per year for Ad-hoc Grant recipients.
Hostellers will receive:
- ₹750 per month for 10 months
- ₹1000 per year for Ad-hoc Grant hostellers.
Post-matric Scholarship for SC/ST students:
Day scholars will receive:
|For Engineering, BSc, Agriculture, Medical, LLM, MPhil & PhD Students:||₹550 per month|
|For B. Pharma, BSc Nursing, LLB, Hotel Management & Postgraduate Students:||₹530 per month|
|For Undergraduate Students:||₹300 per month|
|For students of classes 11th and 12th in the 10+2 system, intermediate Students:||₹230 per month|
Hostellers will receive:
|For Engineering, BSc, Agriculture, Medical, LLM, MPhil & PhD Students:||₹1200 per month|
|For B. Pharma, BSc Nursing, LLB, Hotel Management & Postgraduate Students:||₹820 per month|
|For Undergraduate Students:||₹750 per month|
|For students of classes 11th and 12th in the 10+2 system, intermediate Students:||₹750 per month|
Oasis Scholarship: Documents Required
The Oasis Scholarship is a need-based scholarship for students who are domiciled in West Bengal. The Oasis Scholarship is awarded based on financial need and academic merit. The Oasis Scholarship is renewable for up to four years of undergraduate study.
To be eligible for the Oasis Scholarship, students must submit the following documents:
- West Bengal Domicile Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Aadhar Card or any other government proof of ID
- Address Proof
- Passport size photo of the candidate
- Mark sheet of previous qualifying examination
- Bank passbook showing bank name, branch, IFSC code, account number, beneficiary name
Students who are awarded the Oasis Scholarship will receive a scholarship award that will be disbursed to their bank account on a semester basis. The Oasis Scholarship is need-based and is renewable for up to four years of undergraduate study.
Oasis Scholarship: Online Application Process (Apply Online)
1. Registration Process
For new registration for Oasis Scholarship, Follow the below steps:
1. Open the official Oasis Scholarship website- oasis.gov.in.
2. Click on the “Student’s Registration” link available on the website.
3. Choose your District from the list and click on the SUBMIT button. The next page will open the VERIFICATION OF CASTE CERTIFICATE page.
4. Enter Caste Certificate No., Issuing Date, Select Type (Computerized Caste Certificate or Acknowledgement Number has been issued online via castcertificatewb.gov.in (Only for Pre matric scholarship)) and fill the Captcha and click on SUBMIT button. After submitting, the next page will open a form to fill in the student details.
5. Now, enter your Full Name, Father’s Name, Occupation, monthly Income details, and Address.
6. Update your Date of Birth, Cast, Sub-Caste, Current Institution Name, Phone Number & Email on the next page.
7. Upload a scanned photograph and click on SUBMIT.
A computer-generated Acknowledgment Slip will be ready to download and print out for future reference. This is the process of new registration for the Oasis Scholarship.
2. Oasis Scholarship Portal Login Process
- Open the official Oasis Scholarship website- oasis.gov.in again.
- Click on the “REGISTERED STUDENT’S LOGIN” link.
- Enter your User ID and Password.
- Click on the “Login” button to access the account.
3. Oasis Scholarship Application Completion Process
- After logging in, click on the “Further Details” button and fill out all required information.
- Enter your bank account information (bank name, account number, IFSC code) on which you will receive the scholarship amount.
- Click on the “Verify and Lock” option.
- Click on the “Print Application” button and download the PDF.
- Take a printout of the PDF.
4. Oasis Scholarship Application Submission Process
Now, sign on the printed Application Form and attach the following documents with it:
- Attested Copy of Caste Certificate
- Attested Copy of Mark sheet of the last examination
- Copy of the First page of Bank Passbook
Submit the application form to your concerned BDO Office (for Block Area). PO cum DWO / DWO (for Municipality and Corporation area) on or before last date of application.
5. Oasis Scholarship Status Check Process
- Visit the Oasis.gov.in Scholarship Application Portal and click on the Track Application button.
- Enter your User ID or Application Serial Number and Application Session.
- Click on the Check Status button to view your scholarship application status. OASIS will notify you by email and/or text message when a decision has been made on your scholarship application.
Oasis Scholarship: 2021-22 Application Renewal Process
If you are a recipient of the Oasis Scholarship, you must renew your scholarship each year to continue receiving the scholarship. The renewal process is simple but slightly different from the first-time application process.
You can find below the step-by-step description of the renewal process:
1. Visit the Oasis scholarship portal.
2. Click on RENEW SCHOLARSHIP tab under the STUDENT CORNER SECTION. The next page will ask you to select a District.
3. Choose your District and click on SUBMIT. Now it will open a different page for Login Area for Renewal Students.
4. Now, enter your previous year’s scholarship Application ID or User ID and Password, fill the Captcha and click on the LOGIN button.
5. Once logged in, verify your previously entered scholarship details and edit the details if needed.
6. Once you have verified and corrected all existing details, click on Renew Application button. It will open a new page to enter your current year’s academic information.
7. Fill in all the required details and click on Renew and Lock application button to submit your Scholarship Renewal request.
FAQs: Oasis Scholarship
1. What Is Oasis Scholarship?
Oasis Scholarship is a need-based scholarship for students who are domiciled in the state of West Bengal. The Oasis Scholarship is awarded based on financial need and academic merit.
2. How to Renew Oasis Scholarship?
Oasis Scholarship can be renewed by logging in to the Oasis portal with your User ID, Password and applied District. After logging in, click on the “Renew Scholarship” button.
Check all the details and information provided by you previously. If you wish to update any information, add it and save the changes. Click on Renew Application and then Renew and Lock Application button. Download the acknowledgement slip. Now submit this copy with you.
3. How to Edit Oasis Scholarship?
Oasis Scholarship can be edited by logging in to the Oasis portal with your User ID, Password and applied District. After logging in, click on the “Edit Scholarship” button.
You can make changes to your personal details, academic details, and bank account information and upload new documents (if required). After making all the changes, click on the “Verify and Lock” button. Download the acknowledgement slip. Now submit this copy with you.
4. What is the Last Date of the Oasis Scholarship 2022?
The Last Date of the Oasis Scholarship 2022 is 15th December 2022. Students must submit their application form and required documents to their concerned BDO Office (for Block Area). PO cum DWO / DWO (for Municipality and Corporation area) on or before this date.
4. What is the Last Date of the Oasis Scholarship 2022-2023?
The Last Date of the Oasis Scholarship 2022-2023 is January 15, 2023.
We hope this article was helpful in giving you a detailed overview of the Oasis Scholarship 2022. If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to us in the comments section below. Stay tuned for more such articles!