Panjabrao Deshmukh Scholarship is a scheme of the Government of Maharashtra to provide financial assistance to poor students pursuing courses under pre-university and graduation at self-financing colleges. The scheme is also known as Dr. Punjabrao Deshmukh Vasatigruh Nirvah Bhatta Yojana.
Panjabrao Deshmukh Scholarship 2022 (Dr. Punjabrao Deshmukh Vasatigruh Nirvah Bhatta Yojna), Maharashtra
Panjabrao Deshmukh Scholarship (Dr. Punjabrao Deshmukh Vasatigruh Nirvah Bhatta Yojna) 2021-22, Maharashtra, is a scholarship given to students who may not be able to afford an education. The government of Maharashtra provides funding, hostels, and a monthly stipend to students who fall under the category of a marginalized tribe or the members of the scheduled castes (S.C.), the scheduled tribes (S.T.), and the other backward classes (O.B.C.) who wish to pursue technical education.
However, this scheme will be operational only for government, government-funded and non-affiliated college/polytechnics students looking to work in the vocational courses set by the government.
The scheme aims to provide education to the marginalized, under-privileged sections of the society and their families, who have registered themselves as laborers with the land records department between 1995 and 2016.
Punjabrao Deshmukh Vasatigruh Nirvah Bhatta Yojna 22 – Details
Scholarship Department: Department of Technical Education
Scholarship Name: Panjabrao Deshmukh Scholarship (Dr. Punjabrao Deshmukh Vasatigruh Nirvah Bhatta Yojna 2021-22 )
Beneficiaries: 10th /12th /Undergraduate /Post-Graduate Students
Benefits: INR 8,000 to INR 30,000 for 10 months
Helpline Number : 022-49150800, 1800 120 8040 (Toll Free)
Official Website: https://mahadbtmahait.gov.in
Dr. Punjabrao Deshmukh Scholarship / Vasatigruh Nirvah Bhatta Yojna – Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates must be a national of India and must be a domicile of Maharashtra.
- The candidate must be a bonafide student at the particular institution where he or she is getting admission.
- Any candidate has got admission through the centralized admission process (C.A.P.).
- Any Deemed or private universities are not applicable.
- There is no age limit for any candidate.
- The Income of the family of the candidate must not exceed Rs.8 Lakhs
- Applicants must have a percentage of 50% or more in the previous year.
- Students who have taken a gap (2 or more years) in their previous semesters are also not eligible for this scholarship.
- The candidate must have taken admission under the general category and Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyar) / Scheduled Tribe Category.
- The applicant should not have been awarded a scholarship earlier under the scheme of the Government of Maharashtra.
Dr. Punjabrao Deshmukh Scholarship / Vasatigruh Nirvah Bhatta Yojna – Documents Required
Regarding documents required for Dr.Punjabrao Deshmukh’s scholarship:
- High School Mark Sheet / S.S.C.
- Maharashtra Domicile Certificate
- Registration (Labour Certificate/Alpabhudharak (Marginal Land Holder) Certificate
- Proof: Number of “Beneficiaries” from the same family not to exceed 2 (number relevant for an applicable year)
- C.A.P. related document (IF applicable)
- Hosteller documents (IF applicable)
- Gap related documents (IF applicable)
- Previous year mark sheet
- Attendance Certificate
- Scholarship Application Form (2 copies)
- Identity Card (Aadhar Card)
Dr. Punjabrao Deshmukh Scholarship / Vasatigruh Nirvah Bhatta Yojna – Benefits
Panjabrao Deshmukh Scholarship (Dr. Punjabrao Deshmukh Vasatigruh Nirvah Bhatta Yojna) is a facility created by the Government of Maharashtra for the needy and deserving SC/ST students of Maharashtra State, and it is also one of the most significant scholarships in the country.
Here are the scholarship benefits for the students:
For the students of the Institute in Mumbai / Pune / Aurangabad / Nagpur City
- Rs.30,000/- for 10 months (For the child of Registered Labor / Alpabhudharak)
- Rs.10,000/- for 10 months (With Annual Family income up to 8 Lakhs )
For the Institute in another area
- Rs. 20,000/- for 10 months (For the child of Registered Labor / Alpabhudharak)
- Rs.8,000/- for 10 months (With Annual Family income up to 8 Lakhs )
Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh Scholarship – How to Apply?
To apply for the Panjabrao Deshmukh scholarship online, follow the steps mentioned below:
1) Visit the official Website of the Panjabrao Deshmukh scholarship, i.e., https://mahadbtmahait.gov.in.
2) Create an account to click on the ‘New Applicant Registration‘ option.
3) Enter details like name, date of birth, address, mobile number, email, I.D., etc.
4) You will receive an OTP on that mobile number which will help you clear the platform verification process.
6) Log in using the username and password.
7) Once logged in, fill in application details with required documents
8) Lastly, submit forms and wait for notification regarding your acceptance to receive the scholarship.
The candidates are advised to carefully read the instructions given in the application form before completing it.
What Is the Panjabrao Deshmukh Scholarship?
Govt. of Maharashtra has launched a scheme to provide scholarships to students studying in the 10+2 system of education. The scheme is named “Panjabrao Deshmukh Scholarship” for SC/ST/OBC students belonging to families with an annual income of less than Rs.8 lakh.
What Is Panjabrao Deshmukh Scholarship Last Date 2021?
The candidates can apply for the scholarship till 28th February 2021. It is expected to be launched by December 2022.