Pre Matric Scholarship 2023-24 is a scholarship program offered by the Government of India to provide financial assistance to students from economically weaker sections of society who are pursuing their education at the pre-matriculation level.
The scholarship aims to encourage students from disadvantaged groups to continue their education and improve their academic performance. The scholarship is offered to students studying in class 1 to class 10 and covers tuition fees, examination fees, and other education-related expenses.
The Ministry of Minority Affairs offers the scholarship. The ministry was established in 2006 as a separate government department for the development and welfare of religious minorities, especially Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, and Parsis. The student has to fill an application form and attach the required documents to get this scholarship.
The state government decides the scholarship amount. The students can use this money for their school fees, books, uniforms, and other necessary things. This scheme helps the students financially and provides them with a sense of belongingness and encouragement to continue their education. This scheme has benefitted a large number of minority community students and helped them to continue their education.
Pre Matric Scholarship 2023-24
The Pre-Matric scholarship program is a joint effort between the central and state governments in India. The states are responsible for awarding scholarships to students who study vernacular languages, while the central government takes care of students studying in other languages.
One of the main goals of the Pre-Matric scholarship program is to encourage parents to send their children to school. The scholarship provides an incentive for parents to do so, helping to increase enrollment and reduce dropout rates among minority communities.
The program has been successful in achieving this goal, particularly among students from Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and other backward classes. These students have seen increased enrollment rates due to the program, and dropout rates have also decreased.
The Pre-Matric scholarship program has been an effective tool in improving educational opportunities for students in India, particularly among minority communities. It has incentivized parents to send their children to school and has helped to increase enrollment and reduce dropout rates among these groups.
Pre Matric Scholarship Eligibility
A student must have secured 50% marks in the previous final examination to avail of the scholarship. In addition, the annual income of their parents/guardians from all sources should not exceed Rs. 1.00 lakh.
The scholarship is offered to students who belong to the Scheduled Castes (SC), the Scheduled Tribes (ST), and other backward classes (OBC).
The scholarship is also available to children of migrant workers, veterans, minority communities and physically challenged students. The amount of scholarship that a student can receive depends on their family’s income.
Conditions For Receiving Pre Matric Scholarship
- The Pre-Matric scholarship is awarded to the students who belong to minority communities studying in classes 1 to 10.
- The student must produce an income certificate issued by a Competent Authority in the State Government, which certifies that their parents’/guardians’ total income does not exceed Rs 1 lakh per annum.
- The student must also produce a self-certified community certificate or a community certificate issued by the parent/guardian.
- The student must have secured 50% marks in the previous final examination.
- The scholarship is offered to students of all religions, Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, and Parsi students.
- The student must be studying in a government or private school recognized by the Central or State Government.
- The student must produce a valid Bank Account Number and IFSC code to receive the scholarship amount directly into their bank account.
- The student must not be availing of any other scholarship from the Central or State Government.
- The student must not have dropped out of school at any level.
- The student must submit an online application form.
FAQs on Pre Matric Scholarship
1. How can I apply online for a Pre-Matric scholarship?
- The first step to applying for the Pre-Matric scholarship is filling an application form.
- The student must fill up an online application form at the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). You can find the link for this portal on the National scholarship website.
2. How do I receive the Pre-Matric scholarship?
Students will receive the scholarship through the bank account that has been provided at the time of registration.
3. What are the Documents required for a Pre-Matric scholarship?
The student must submit an online application form. In addition, the student must provide the following documents to avail of the scholarship:
- Student’s valid passport size photograph.
- Income Certificate issued by a Competent Authority in the State Government certifies that their parents’/guardians’ total income does not exceed INR 1 lakh per annum.
- Self-certified community certificate or a community certificate issued by the parent/guardian.
- Residential/Domicile Certificate.
- Marksheet of the previous final examination in which the student has secured 50% marks or more.
- Bank Account Number and IFSC code of the bank branch where the scholarship amount will be credited.
- Aadhaar Card number of the student (if applied for) or copies of the bank passbook in which the IFSC code is mentioned.
- Aadhar enrolment ID (if applied for Aadhaar).
4. What is Pre Matric Scholarship Last Date?
Last date of Pre Matric scholarship is October 31, 2022.
The process of applying for a Pre-Matric scholarship is relatively easy. Moreover, these scholarships are awarded to students from economically weaker families, and it would be beneficial for them if they avail the opportunity.